learning by choosing from one of seven purposefully structured specialisations:
– this specialisation includes leadership, safety and quality, project management, and design. Your fellow students will come from medicine, nursing, business, and design backgrounds.
– a comprehensive foundation for nurses interested in research. You will learn qualitative and quantitative research methods, biostatistics, and epidemiology.
Child, Youth and Family – in this specialisation you will study key areas such as pregnancy, birth and the family, family studies, special care of the newborn, acute and chronic care of children, and child and youth mental health.
Chronic Disease and Aging
– in this specialisation you will develop a solid knowledge base in areas such as mental health nursing in older people, aging in health, chronic disease prevention and management, and palliative care.
Acute and Critical Care
– in this specialisation you will study acute and critical care courses including emergency, intensive care, acute stroke management, and infection control. With this degree you could seek employment as a clinical nurse specialist in an acute or critical care area.
– in this specialisation you will develop your professional knowledge, clinical judgement, and technical skills to an advanced level of capability. You will learn advanced physical assessment, diagnostics, symptom management, and pharmacotherapeutics.
- this specialisation prepares you to support and teach healthcare students and staff and assist in the development, design, implementation and evaluation of education and professional development programs.